Now you have learned how to add plugins to Cacti, some of you might even already mess with its setting and tried to use the editor. But unfortunately, you can't. The weather is missing something to work. Perhaps you need the sun to enable it...
Alright, the first problem you'll encounter is the PHP editor is not enabled. This is quite easy to solve, just go to the weathermap plugin folder in Cacti, edit the editor.config. The solution is right there, just change the value to true. Keep in mind that enabling the editor ALSO enabling other people to edit your weathermap, I haven't tried to exclude other people from messing with our shit so for now let's just focus on configuring the weathermap editor so it can be used
Next, it will say that some modules of the php is missing or not enabled. If you really REALLY follow the tutorial before blindly, you will realize that you haven't installed the said module. Luckily, it's quite easy to get it in Ubuntu, but before that, you need to check again. First, go to you web browser, then go here :
localhost/[cacti url]/plugins/weathermap/check.php
Now see what is the result. It probably resulted in lots of missing module, but it could be wrong. Now open the terminal, go to the weathermap folder in Cacti, and do this :
php check.php
What is the result? If it is the same as the browser, you seriously need to install the modules. Now go get it with this magic words :
apt-get install php5 php5-cli php5-gd php-pear apache2
Wait for it to be finished downloading. Now do the two steps again, from the browser and from the terminal. Is it still the same? No? Excellent! Probably your browser still show that the module is missing but the terminal showed that all the modules are installed and healthy. For me, I fix it with restarting (or shutting down and leave it for a good few hours) the PC or virtual machine and then voila, it works. If you find another way to fix this problem, feel free to share it.
Now the final hurdle is setting the read/write permission. Just do this on the weathermap folder :
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/cacti/plugins/weathermap/configs
And you're all set!
That's quite short isn't it? I was going to fill it with random rant or something but I just remembered I need to play morrowind and the witcher 1. So, I'll keep it short, and I'll see you next time on how to use both cacti and weathermap! Oh and don't forget about cactus too mmkay? We'll get there soon enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I want to start flame war on the comment section pl0x